I've read that you can create PDFs from your Flex application, and that you can
embed Flex applications into PDFs using Acrobat.  Do you think it's possible to
create a PDF from a Flex application that has an embedded Flex app inside it?

Here's a possible scenario.  You have some sort of custom report builder for a
company that allows a user to generate their own custom reports from a
template.  They could drag and drop components (DataGrids, TextAreas, custom
components, etc) onto the template and then 'publish' the final report as a PDF
so it can be passed around.  Ideally it would be a 'live' report that could
retrieve the latest data from a server or something.

Creating a static PDF looks to be fairly straight-forward, but a 'live' PDF
looks harder.  I was thinking if you could build a SWF from the report, it
could be sent to the server and embedded into a PDF.  Since the SWF is a
stand-alone app, it would have all the stuff required to retrieve data from a
server, or perhaps from LCDS, so that it's truely a 'live' document.

Any thought's or ideals?  Seems like it would be a really cool/useful
application.

Thanks!