I am using amfphp to return a complex object / multi-dimensional array.
In the past, I have been able to simply create an ArrayCollection of the
returned results by doing the following:
public function result(event:ResultEvent):void {
var resources_ac:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection()
resources_ac = event.result as ArrayCollection
}
In this particular case, if I try this method, the ArrayCollection does
not contain any items. In order to create the ArrayCollection, I have
done the following:

var resources_arr:Array = new Array()
for(var i:String in event.result) {
                 event.result[i] = new ObjectProxy(event.result[i]);
                 resources_arr.push(event.result[i])
             }

             resources_ac.source = resources_arr;
I am guessing it has to do with the fact that the returned item is a
multi-dimensional array/complex object? While this method seems to work
fine, is it the best/proper way to handle this type of returned data?

Thanks for the insight.