My problem is that writing a whole custom component is too involved for the
few time I have and your method seems to work quite well.

The only trouble I have (as described in my previous reply) is that the
ComboBox should fire a change event everytime an item is selected while it
stays opened. By default the ComboBox is only firing this event after it
closes.

However listening to the dropdown (the List component in the ComboBox)
property's ListEvent.CHANGE seems not to cut it. It would be great if you
would have a workaorund for this!

Best,

Sascha