There are any number of ways of exporting data. In my case I use PHP
extensively to generate excel spreadsheets (Google for code on how to do this.
If you can't find anything, I can post the code I use).

For Flex, a couple of things I know of off the top of my head...

AlivePDF - http://alivepdf.bytearray.org/
as3xls - http://code.google.com/p/as3xls/

A quick google search pulled up these...

http://www.php-editors.com/forums/php-programming-contests/745-write-dbf.html
http://blog.fusonic.net/archives/130