Yes, the easiest way is to just adjust the image size for the thumb;
with some transparent padding.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "morten.wang" <m...@...> wrote:

> Hi FlexCoders
>
> I am working on a project in which I use the H-slider and V-slider as
volume bar and progress bar and I have successfully give them a new
style however my problem is as follows:
> The slider knob's(scrubber) position in each end of the slider is
visually going out of the bounds by half of the knobĀ“s width (this is
the default of the slider component). This is not working out as
intended because I want to constrain the movement of the knob to be
within the bounds of the slider bar.

> My question is, do I need to extend the existing component and write
the AS code that constrains the knob, or does the Flex Framework have
any properties to fix this.

> What I typically would do when working with sliders in flash is to
cheat with the graphics so that the slider is invisible and have some
other graphic that give the illusion of the knob being constrained.
Maybe this will be the way to do it in Flex as well ?