>> ".iterate through each row." You absolutely *cannot* do that, because all
>> the DG rows do not exist, only the rows currently visible exist.
>>
>>You need to have your renderer update the dataProvider with the generated
>> value, then iterate through the dataProvider. This should not be
difficult.

>> Tracy Spratt,

I guess I would have to add an additional "license" field in my
dataProvider, and I will just have my component itemrenderer put the data
into that field, and I'd be able to iterate through my dataProvider to
access the data. Okay, thank you for your advise on this, and this is all
great and dandy.

But please allow me to pick your brain a little more. Let's say my
application still contained the same data format as described so far. But
this time, my application is limited to a fixed 3 row x 3 column grid where
everything is visible (and such, all are existent), is there a way to access
the data without using the dataProvider? In other words, is there a way I
can get a reference to each row, which presumably will be an array of
columns, and then access the data similar to the way you would a
two-dimensional array, keeping in mind that some of the cells can contain
MXML components, and hence, require obtaining the reference of that MXML
component in order to access its properties?