I'm on my phone so I can't see the entirety of the reply, but I used a
variable named i as well as one named index so you know if a match has
been found or not. If index = -1, it means no match has been found.

If it is always giving you -1, it is because the if statement inside
the loop isn't evaluating to true to any item within the array.

See  if you can figure it out, maybe using the Flex Debugger.
Otherwise, we'll need to see how you create the objects in the list,
and how you add them to the list.

--
Sent from my mobile device