Hey All,
I'm playing around with a super simple demo Simeon Bateman posted on his
blog
(http://blog.simb.net/2009/05/01/flex-101-back-to-the-basics/)<http://blog.simb.net/2009/05/01/flex-101-back-to-the-basics/>

It's just a little tool designed to teach basic MVC / OO principles to newbs
like me. I've get what it's doing and why it works, now I'm trying to extend
on it.

I'm trying to take this custom component and instead of displaying it in the
main app, open it in a pop up window.

 I can get it to do that just fine, but I cannot get the custom event
registered with the addEventListener. I get the following error message:

1119: Access of possibly undefined property USER_SUBMIT through a reference
with static type Class.

Any thoughts? It works properly when I use it as is in MXML form, but not
when I try to create the object using AS.

private function openWindow():void {
win = view.UserForm(PopUpManager.createPopUp(this, UserForm, false));
PopUpManager.centerPopUp(win);
win.addEventListener(UserEvents.USER_SUBMIT, onSubmit);

Alan Rother
Adobe Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
Manager, Phoenix Cold Fusion User Group, AZCFUG.org