From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Gregor Kiddie
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 3:35 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Profiler telling lies?

Yeah, ok some clarification (rather than bashing the email out then going home
for the night ;) )

I'm debugging and watching the numChildren properties and the selectedChild
properties. (The object extends viewstack btw).

I can see the view in the viewstack, then after running though the code that
removes the child from the viewstack, I can see the numChildren has dropped
from 1 to 0, and the selectedChild (and selectedIndex) both are consistent with
having no child in the viewstack.

In terms of profiling... I am starting up the app, getting the view created,
and running the code once to clean up.
Then I take a memory snapshot.
I do the same action another two times (to get to the prime).
Then I take another snapshot.
Then I work out the loitering objects.
The line with the instance being the viewstack object and the property being
[child0] is what makes me think it still has a reference to the view and the
reason (or one of them ;) )why it isn't being garbage collected...

And Alex, I think I've read everything on your blog at least 8 times ;)

Gk.

Gregor Kiddie
Senior Developer
INPS

Tel:       01382 564343
Registered address: The Bread Factory, 1a Broughton Street, London SW8 3QJ
Registered Number: 1788577
Registered in the UK

Visit our Internet Web site at www.inps.co.uk<blocked::http://www.inps.co.uk/>

The information in this internet email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee. Access, copying or re-use of information in it by anyone
else is not authorised. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of INPS or any of its affiliates.
If you are not the intended recipient please contact is.helpd...@inps.co.uk