Interestingly, FileFilter is listed as a "see also" under browseForSave() in
the docs.  Have you tried adding in a filter just as you would for
browseForOpen() to see if it will work? There is obviously a documentation
problem. Question is, is it the reference to FileFilter or the lack of the
listing for filter in the generic syntax example?

http://ria.args.cn/uploads/documents/ASLR/flash/filesystem/File.html#browseForSave()

Charles P.