Hello Andrew,

Method signatures of mx.core.Application.alert and
mx.controls.Alert.show are not in consistence. The examples in Flex
live doc use mx.core.Application.alert. However, if you use
mx.controls.Alert.show, then you may change the
parameters/typs.

Notice that Alert.show takes a parameter "parent: MovieClip".

FYI

Y.Yang

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Spaulding" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're having trouble showing an icon in a dialogue window using
> mx.controls.Alert.show
>
> We have embedded the icon and reference it in the show method as per
> the docs BUT nothing is displayed. I can use the icon elsewhere so
> there is no problem with the embedding.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Andrew
> www.flexdaddy.info

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12htdadhi/M=362329.6886308.7839368.1510227/D=groups/S=1705007207:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124341729/A=2894321/R=0/SIG=11dvsfulr/*http://youthnoise.com/page.php?page_id=1992
">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>