So I tried a few things and it seems a little better now.

1. I combined a couple projects, so now I have one main project, and 25 library
projects.

2. I removed as many unneeded Flex Library SWCs from the SDK entry in the
Library Path tab of each project.  This included all the automation stuff for
every project, and rpc, datavisualization, utilities, and fds stuff for most of
the other projects.

3. I updated the eclipse.ini to the following:
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
-framework
plugins\org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.3.R34x_v20081215-1030.jar
-vm
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_13\bin\javaw.exe
-vmargs
-Xms1G
-Xmx1G
-XX:PermSize=128M
-XX:MaxPermSize=256M
-XX:+UseParallelGC
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

* Setting PermSize/MaxPermSize to 256M/512M did not seem to help or hinder.
Anyone know why I can't set -Xmx to a value larger than 1G?  Eclipse won't even
start.

In general it seems to be fairly stable.  Changes to our ValueObject project
(used by almost every other project) take 2:30 to compile, but has not crashed
as of yet.

Thanks for the suggestions!
~Geoff