Isn't that an oxymoron?

A rollover highlight is a change of color isn't it? If the header retained the
same color there would be no "highlight".

If you could skin/style the rollovercolor to be the same as the
nonrollovercolor then that should achieve the required result. Of course, I
have no idea whether skinning/styles allows that as I have not tried it.