Hi, Chiel.

Could you post some of the code from your <myClass> tag whose
constructor wasn't being called?  afaik, the no-args constructor should
have been called; is there a possibility of a typo (or incorrect
capitalization) in the constructor name?  Also, make sure that your
constructor isn't declared with a return type -- otherwise it's not
really a constructor and won't be called!

Your <mx:Script> code isn't working because all statements have to be
inside of a method -- try this instead (note the change of "myClass" to
"MyClass" -- capitalization of class names is strongly encouraged in
AS):

<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
        private var myInstance: MyClass;

        private function createMyClassObject(): Void
        {
                myInstance = new myClass();
        }
]]>
</mx:Script>

Then, to get createMyClassObject() to be called when your form's
elements are finished being created, add
        creationComplete="createMyClassObject()"
as an attribute to your root MXML tag.

HTH.

Grady Haynes
Senior Systems Engineer, IT Services