<mx:FormItem width="100%" direction="horizontal" label="Contacts">
                            <mx:DataGrid id="custcontacts" fontSize="10"
                                        width="100%" height="70%"
creationComplete="contactList()">
                                        <mx:columns>
                                                <mx:DataGridColumn
headerText="Contact" dataField="contact"/>
                                                <mx:DataGridColumn
headerText="Name" dataField="contactname"/>
                                                <mx:DataGridColumn
headerText="Phone" dataField="contactphone"/>
                                                <mx:DataGridColumn
headerText="Email" dataField="contactemail"/>
                                        </mx:columns>
                                </mx:DataGrid>
                        </mx:FormItem>

I want to make my DG shorter than a default. It gets shorter but next FormItem
under will be shown as I would not make DG shorter, another words there is a
large vertical white gap between FormItems.

How can I get rid this vertical gap?

Thanks