The clipboard in AIR is text only. It¹s not going to work for a binary file.
I have asked Adobe about binary clipboard support and I don¹t expect it
anytime soon. It¹s pretty dicey working with the iTunes library anyway since
iTunes will move files around to balance it¹s directory tree (unless you
plan on duplicating the file which isn¹t a great idea either).