Jake,

I cannot use bitmapdata because i'll have to use an instance of itemrenderer
which will have some different display behavior when used as proxy.

I've managed to get a transparent bg, I had to set explicitly in css class
applied to the *list* (because proxied itemrenderer use
"styleName=List(owner);") :

> background-color: '';

BTW, "selection-color" set to empty string draws a black bg...

thomas
---
http://www.web-attitude.fr/
msn : thomas.parqu...@web-attitude.fr