I'm trying to resolve an issue whereby we have a heap of structures defined in
static arrays, and one of the params is a string of text.  Ideally this string
would come from a resource bundle to allow localization on the string.

The problem is that though I've tried a variety of methods, I cannot get any
resouce bundle values into this variable.

Effectively the code I have is
public static const foo = ResourceManager.getInstance().getString('myBundle',
'myKey');
Although it's a little more glammed up than that (but I've tried it in this
basic form). In the attempts I've gone as far as to even try having a utility
class which calls out to a singleton, but even within that singleton when
accessed via a static all values and ResourceBundles from ResourceManager come
back as null values.

None of the other mxml elements seem to have issues reading the same resource
bundle - when addressed via @Resource(bundle='foo', key='bar') and similar they
all find the values in the .properties file just fine. Unfortunately the nature
of these variables makes it highly preferable they're left as statics, though
it is beginning to appear that might not be viable.

Would anyone have any suggestions on this?  It's not the first time I've had
this problem, but last time we just gave up trying from memory.  Is it just a
case that the ResourceBundles aren't loaded and accessable at the time statics
are initialised, or is there something more simple (or perhaps more sinister?)
going on?

Thanks,

Tim Rowe
Software Engineer