Hi,

I'm currently considering persuading a client to move a highly-trafficked
site's widgets over to Flex. The big hurdle is of course the increased download
that comes with Flex.

Having weighed up the options, I certainly want to use Flex, and have no doubt
that through the use of the Framework RSL, any initially increased downloads
would soon reconcile themselves. However, my client is going to take some
serious convincing that it is worthwile taking the initial hit from the
framework RSL (vs AS3 only widgets).

So I was wondering about starting to push the Framework RSL out to the site's
users (Mostly repeat users who use the site regularly), in advance of
implimenting the Flex widgets/components. I envisage this being done on
heavilly-trafficked, but lightweight pages which do not use any streamed
content. I would imagine using a hidden swf set to use the Framework RSL,
possibly delaying its initialisation to ensure anything else necessary for the
page to display propperly has loaded. I have the luxury of time on this, with
potentially 3 - 4 months before deployment, so I think over this timeframe a
significant number of visitors could be seeded with the Framework RSL.

I was wondering whether anyone has tried anything like this, and whether anyone
saw any potential problems with this approach.

Thanks.