Hi,

If you're not using an MVC framework, an easy way is to create a public
method in contentpane.mxml, that will set the tree selection.  On
breadcrumb click, pass the event: contentpane.myPublicSelectionMethod(
event ).

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "n_manjunatha" <nmanjuna...@...>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have an applications where in have breadcrumb trails of the tree
node clicked. I have to make forced selection of the tree nodes on click
of the breadcrumb item.

> say i have tree like this
> root
> -- child1
> --subchild1
> ---grandchild1
> ---grandchild2
> --subchild2
> -- child2
> -- child3
> -- child4
>
> my trail would be root->child1->subchild1->grandchild1....
>
> Now if i click child1 in breadcrumb trail i should have forced
selection of tree.
> i have main.mxml in which i am invoking component
contentpane.mxml(where the tree panel is described). my main.mxml has
the breadcrumb trails, the click of which i have to dispatch an event to
tree to make the forced selection of the node.

> Dispatch Event is not working for me whenever... and i do not know
when/where to addeventlistener to tree.....i tried it in
creationcomplete..initialisze....but eventlistener is not catching my
event of breadcrumb trail click....