Omar,

In brief; I think your design challenges are concerned with the implementation of your view, and should not be concerned at this level with fitting into the Cairngorm architecture.  Rather, you have a challenge of creating a component hierarchy of abstract Shapes and concrete implementations of those shapes, that honour a well defined API of your own devising.

You will likely have a custom Canvas object capable of rendering your Shapes and implementing your drawing tools, and all of that behavior will be encapsulated in the implementation of your view.

Only if you wish to start communicating with data services, would I consider that your components are manipulated by view helpers.

If I could make a recommendation here, it would be to do what you are doing *without* Cairngorm and then once you have an implementation that works, to consider if any of the design patterns we used, and the motivations we have publically discussed for where you might benefit from these design patterns, much any of the issues you have faced.

As Grady put very well already, it sounds like your app isn't as thirsty for cairngorm patterns as a typical n-tier application would be.

Best,

Steven

--
Steven Webster
Technical Director

Office:  +44 (0)131 338 6108
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 216 223

This e-mail and any associated attachments transmitted with it may contain confidential information and must not be copied, or disclosed, or used by anyone other than the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please destroy this e-mail, and any copies of it, immediately.

Please also note that while software systems have been used to try to ensure that this e-mail has been swept for viruses, iteration::two do not accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused in respect of any viruses transmitted by the e-mail. Please ensure your own checks are carried out before any attachments are opened.