Yet another correction:
grid.scrollRect = new Rectangle(0, 0, Math.max(grid.width,
gr.measuredWidth),
    grid.height + gr.measuredHeight + (isNaN(verticalGap) ? 0 :
verticalGap));

Didn't make sense to add the width in this example.

I thought you were referring to the last couple of threads of mine you've
posted on.  :D

But yes, I do remember that old post.  Can't believe it was "years ago"!
Where does the time go?

Oh, that's right, the bugs in my program eat most of it!

--
Jason