You know what confuses me though over all this, why hasn't Adobe cached the Flex framework in the Flash Player? An additional 500k on the player download would be a miniscule inconvenience in time for the user, the way it stands the time added reflects poorly on the actual Flex application.

Releases of the flex framework sdk for caching and flash player releases are not so often for that to be a hurdle, surely?

If Adobe are (a) reluctant to release statistics on how many players have the framework cached and (b) not going to help push these stats up by caching the framework in the player, its going to be a constant concern for the developer.

On 27 Apr 2009, at 09:30, Kenneth Sutherland wrote:

Hmmm, maybe it’s just me and I’ve missed that bit of info from before but I’ve never heard/read anything about Google not being able to index a SWF if you use the RSL feature on the framework. This seems like a fairly major step to get over ( I may have to go back and rebuild some of my SWFs so that they will now get indexed) if you want the number of SWFs that use the framework feature to go up. All info I’ve seen out there suggests Google can index any SWF.

I bet most clients are more sensitive to their data not being index than being slightly bloated.

Kenneth.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Matt Chotin
Sent: 24 April 2009 21:52
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: Signed RSL penetration

Yes, that’s what it means unfortunately. I don’t have a info on timing, it’s really up to them.

On 4/24/09 12:51 AM, "Kenneth Sutherland" <kenneth.sutherl...@realise.com > wrote:

Does that mean that any swf you create that uses the flex framework RSLs are not going to get indexed by Google. I’ve created a very simple placeholder page (single front page with just a few text boxes and a link) and as usual I make the framework into a RSL(total overkill in this situation, but I like to do it as standard). So I’ve just checked the site using googles search and its showing the ‘Error #2032. RSL Error 1 of 1.’ in the listing of search results.

If so any ideas what is Googles timescale on indexing sites that use RSLs.

Cheers.