Hello all,

    I believe this is my first post here, though I've been receiving emails
from this group for awhile now.

I have been working with Flex/AS3 for about a year now, still coming up to
speed. I'm working on a personal project as an exercise for my skills and
creativity as a coder, and I run into a couple of problems which I would Love
some higher level input into.

    My first thought is to create a class or component that allows me to
override default actions through inheritance, bubbling, etc. I personally don't
like buttons lighting up just because you mouse over them, and I certainly
don't like debugging when I can't even click on an object like a button,
because the mouseover action is triggering, which circumvents my ability to
debug the button click action. I would like to hear thoughts on this. What am I
missing, or not doing ?

    My second thought is that I really like the idea of sharedObjects, even as
an intermediate step (and a local cache location) to remoteObjects, but there
seems to be little in the way of proper implementation of this methodology.
Coders and authors seem to use this more for cookie-like activities, which is
fine, but I see other conveniences in its usage. I like the thought of treating
SOs as a mini-database to push and pull information out of. Why is it that few
seem to use it for this? Why, of all the books and online articles, does
nothing appear of SOs in this role ?

Thanks for your input.
Glennzone