From: golnooshp <golnoo...@yahoo.com>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 29 June, 2009 3:43:39 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] How to add custom sorting to AdvancedDataGrid to worked
on grouped Data?

Hi,
I have an advancedDataGrid that I need to add custom sorting to it which
overrides the original sort! my sorting should work using a combobox to select
ascending and desending from with a sort button! I know this is a bug in flex
that its original sorting only works in hierarchical data and not for
groupingCollection
the dataProvider of my grid is a flat data. however, in the UI, the user can
add grouping to the AdvancedDataGrid. so I want the sort to work on grouped
data!
let's say the columns are : country, province, city. population and there is
grouping on country and province
so the sorting should do the following:
1) if the user does a descending sort on country: only unitedStates will go up
and Canada will go down.
2)if the user does a descending sort on province: the order of the grouping of
province will change to Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia
3) if the user does a soring on city: although this is not a grouped column, it
should do the sorting on all the cities.

Thanks,

      Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter
http://cricket.yahoo.com