Does anyone happen to know of any JSR223 (Java platform scripting)
implementation(s) of ActionScript for dynamic use?  I'm currently looking
through a lot of our business data validation logic which is implemented in two
places arguably unnecessarily - both on the front-end in AS and then again on
the back-end in Java.  The scripting.dev.java.net project page still seems to
be absent of any AS interpreters.

It would seem far more logical to be able to just implement this once in a
single language.  Two options I can see are using a Java->AS convertor, or to
write this all in AS and validate the data again on the back-end against the
same code.  The latter would be preferable, mostly due to the stigma around
here about generated code.
Though much of this code might work as javascript if we dropped the typing on
data, that's far from an ideal solution.

Any project suggestions here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim Rowe
Software Engineer
carsales.com Ltd