Title: Special Chars. in AS

In MXML, Flex recognizes the following XML escape sequences for named characters:

    &lt; for <

    &gt; for >

    &amp; for &

    &quot; for "

    &apos for '

I don't think there is any way to declare others, but you can always specify any Unicode character by its numeric code, in either decimal or hex. For example, either

    &#13;

or

    &#x0D;

will give you the character with code 13.

I don't happen to know the code for a degree symbol in Unicode.

Inside an ActionScript string literal, the escape sequence would be

    \u0D

- Gordon