>From within your custom item renderer, you can execute this code:

owner.dispatchEvent(new Event("change"));

The TileList will broadcast this event to any listeners.  If you need to pass
data elements you may have to create a custom event that contains the elements
you need.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of sixtypercentliquid
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 12:09 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Calling List.change (or equivalent) from within a custom
itemRenderer?

I have a TileList, i have been using the change method to call a function and
passing the ListEvent.

I have added a custom itemRenderer and hooked (i believe) everything up. Now i
need to essentially call the TileList.change event from part of the UI within
the custom renderer.

Having a hard time figuring this out, tried searching for a while.