With no strong typing on either the Flex or .NET side, how is .NET supposed to
figure out the data type for you?

WebORB is just a set of classes and methods built in a specific language (.NET
in this case). If .NET passes WebORB a chunk of bytes, how is WebORB meant to
figure out that it contains a string, int, float or whatever?

You will have to type these properties at some point in time.

If it were me, I would try to coerce a value to an int first. If there was an
error, try a float. If there is still an error, try a string.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "gordofeatherfoot" <anthony.janss...@...>