So I have a custom datagrid named "EdgeEditDataGrid", which i am trying to
style via my main css file, but it won't style in order to get it to style I
have to put the styling in locally such as

<comps:EdgeEditDataGrid>
  customstyle1:blah
  customstyle2:blah

</comps:EdgeEditDataGrid>

Do I need to important the css into my EdgeEditDataGrid.as file or override
updateDisplayList?

CUSTOM DATAGRID ===============================================

package com.myapp.view.components
{
        import mx.controls.DataGrid;
        import mx.controls.listClasses.IListItemRenderer;
        import flash.display.Sprite;
        import mx.controls.dataGridClasses.DataGridColumn;

        public class EdgeEditDataGrid extends DataGrid
        {
                public function EdgeEditDataGrid()
                {
                        super();
                }

                override protected function
drawSelectionIndicator(indicator:Sprite, x:Number, y:Number, width:Number,
height:Number, color:uint, itemRenderer:IListItemRenderer):void
            {
                   return;

CUSTOM STYLE IN CSS: ==================================
EdgeEditDataGrid
{
   color: #2F2F2F;
   alternatingItemColors: #ffffff, #efefef;
   headerColors: #CCCCCC, #CCCCCC;
   horizontalGridLines: true;
   verticalGridLineColor: #cccccc;
   rollOverColor: #aadeff;
   useRollOver: false;
   verticalGridLines: true;

headerBackgroundSkin:ClassReference("assets.style.skins.EdgeEditDataGridHeaderSkin");
   headerStyleName: "mydataGridHeaderStyle";
}

.mydataGridHeaderStyle {
   fontWeight: bold;
   fontSize: 13;