From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Dave Glasser
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:09 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] fontFamily style: inconsistency between ASDocs and
developers guide.

In every ASDoc description of the fontFamily style that I've read, it says,
"Unlike in a full CSS implementation, comma-separated lists are not supported."
But in the Adobe Flex 3 Developer Guide, on the first page of chapter 19 (Using
Fonts), it says, "This property can take a list of fonts, as the following
example shows:

fontFamily: Arial, Helvetica;

..."

Am I misunderstanding something, or are these to statements entirely
contradictory, and if so, which one is correct? Are comma-delimited lists only
supported in external stylesheets, and not by the setStyle() method?

Also, on page 667 (Using device fonts), it shows this example:

<mx:Style>
.myClass {
fontFamily: Arial, Helvetica, "_sans";

and goes on to say "You must surround device font names with quotation marks
when defining them with style declarations." How would you do it with the
setStyle() method.?