I started to give him a similar answer, but then realized he may be talking about setting the selectedItem on the ComboBox. He mentioned he already had a labelField which seems to be exactly what he needs for display purposes without a complicated switch statement.
Ganesh, if neither answer helps you, could you elaborate on the problem?

Mark Lapasa wrote:
look at combo boxes labelfunction
the function will then inspect the countrycode and you'll have a nasty
switch statement that will output the correct country name

-mL

gan_sun2006 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using combobox for which the bound data is coming from an
> arraycollection. My arraycollection has two properties called
> countryname(labelField) and countrycode. When i submit my page, the
> countrycode from my combo is saved to the DB. During retrieval I am
> given only countrycode and not countryname.
>
> How can I show the equivalent countryname as selectedItem in my
> combobox? Presently I am looping through the arraycollection and
> showing the equivalent countyname. Is there any other way to do it?
>
> Any help is highly appreciated...
>
> Regards,
> Ganesh Sundar R.

Notice of confidentiality:
The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may be confidential. Should the reader of this message not be the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately and destroy the e-mail.

--
Jeffry Houser, Technical Entrepreneur
Adobe Community Expert: http://tinyurl.com/684b5h