I have noticed a strange behaviour regarding the ToolTipMananger. Actually i'm
not quite sure, since the ToolTipManger seems to be the cause.

I implemented a component which works just fine. Styles are applied, measuring
works etc.

The component should also be used as tooltip in certain parts of the
application. But now the magic comes into play. A subclass of the component is
implementing mx.core.IToolTip to ensure the component can be used as ToolTip.

But it seems styles are not applied and at least one call of updateDisplayList
is lost when the subclass is used as a tooltip.

What can be the reason for this behaviour? Is the mechanism for creating
tooltips responsible for stopping updates of the UIComponent used as a tooltip?

Best regards and thanks in advanced.