I personally have not used the MultiTopicConsumer class (unless its
underlying in something else I used, but still unaware).

Is there anyway you can interrogate the server side classes to find out if
your client application is subscribed post a refresh?
(does it log in cataline.out that the user has resubscribed)

I can think of a brutal workaround if you can interrogate, create another
destination (or to be doubly safe a simple jsp page) which you ask if you
are connected after a certain timeout.

Underlying a lot of the lcds stuff is netconnection,I enjoyed working with
netconnection (and netstream) in AS2 more than AS3. Netconnection I find
flaky as fugk.

--
j:pn
\\no comment