I think its because it doesn't know if its an item or a collection

try the following.  If its not this I can't help.

  var f_Array:ArrayCollection = event.result.RDF.item as ArrayCollection;
  if (f_Array == null) {
   f_Array = new ArrayCollection([event.result.RDF.item]);
  }
myDataGrid.dataProvider = f_Array;