From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Mic
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 12:41 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] How to force construction when creationPolicy="all' does
not work?

ViewStack.vsMainDash
VBox.vbDrctrDash
VBox.vbParmsAndDrills
ViewStack.vsDashDrills
VBox.CustLevel
VBox.UDAC

is the hierarchy. Run code ....

vsMainDash.selectedChild = vbParmsAndDrills;
vsDashDrills.selectedChild = vbCustLevel; ** null reference error

Debug at line that errors does show vsDashDrills = null, whereas vsMainDash =
ViewStack. I have tried splattering creationPolicy="all' everywhere - of course
if I do this too high up I start getting null reference errors there.

(If I OK the error the app does continue with everything displayed correctly so
Flex does create what it should.)

If creationPolicy="all' does not work, how do I force the ViewStack
vsDashDrills into existence? TIA,

Mic.