I am working on a application where I have a Canvas. and a lot of
different Flex Components (text fields, images, checkboxs etc) are
inserted on this Canvas. All of them are supposed to be selectable,
draggable and configurable. e.g. If I select a text field, I should be
able to change the default text, size etc....if I select a combobox, I
should be able to add and remove items, select font styles etc....more
or less like a form designer.

I have a lot of questions but my first question is this :-

Lets say I have a Text Object or a Shape Object inserted on Canvas. I
can drag it just fine but how do I add a little description of what this
control is, just below the draggable handles? So when you move your
mouse over a textfield, it shows a little Label that says "Text Field"
below the draggable handles.

I was thinking, just like the objects are inserted on Canvas using x,y
coordinates, I could add another Label object below every Object as
well, but I dont want these labels to change other components'
positioning. Whats the best way to do this and any examples out there?