> How can I tell the datagrid to allow cell heights greater than the
grid height?
Even though it's not shown, the cell height is greater than the DataGrid
height.   However, the DataGrid's scroll mechanism will always take you
to the next row, so this isn't an option.
> How can I turn on a scrollbar for the cell?
You can use an itemRenderer that has a maxHeight.  Although, having
nested scrollBars is pretty bad for the user.A third option, if you
don't have thousands of records, is to put the DataGrid in a container
and do not set a height for the DataGrid.  In other words, go ahead and
render all of the DataGrid items and have the parent container do the
scrolling.  This would solve your problem by allowing smooth scrolling,
but would more of a hog when it comes to performance.  But, if you don't
have that many records to show, it's a decent trade-off and much better
than the choppy scrolling that is native to the DataGrid.
-TH
--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "aceoohay" <pa...@...> wrote:

> I have a datagrid that displays text from a notes field. I have
variableRowHeight="true". This works well unless one record has a note
that is larger than the height of the entire grid. In this case I cannot
see the bottom of the note. It truncates the lines at the height of the
grid