From: valdhor <valdhorli...@embarqmail.com>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 21 September, 2009 21:05:18
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Using Just Some Components of Flexlib

"Elementary, my dear Watson".

Create a directory named "flexlib" inside your src directory. Inside that
directory create a new directory named "controls". Place the
PromptingTextInput. as file inside this directory.

To use the control, first add the namespace to the component you wish to use it
with (Or the Application) ...

xmlns:flexlibcontro ls="flexlib. controls. *"

Secondly, instantiate the control in MXML...

<flexlibcontrols: PromptingTextInp ut prompt="Prompt Goes Here"/>

So, a full application example could look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf- 8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http: //www.adobe. com/2006/ mxml" layout="absolute"
    xmlns:flexlibcontro ls="flexlib. controls. *">
    <flexlibcontrols: PromptingTextInp ut prompt="Prompt Goes Here"/>
</mx:Application>

HTH

Steve