What component are you using?

The Flextras AutoCompleteComboBox should not be doing that, and I cannot replicate the functionality. I'm unaware of any other AutoCompleteComboBoxes built in Flex.
More info here: http://www.flextras.com/?event=ProductHome&ProductID=10

yogesh patel wrote:
Hi,
I have "AutoComplete ComboBox" with dataprovider "ICollectionView",when i type some junk text in this component which is not in the dataprovider and press TAB then the first element gets selected,how can i varify that the typed text is not in the dataprovider and give message like "text is not avaliable".

Thanks & Regards,
Yogesh Patel

Jeffry Houser, Technical Entrepreneur
Adobe Community Expert: http://tinyurl.com/684b5h
http://www.twitter.com/reboog711  | Phone: 203-379-0773
--
Easy to use Interface Components for Flex Developers
http://www.flextras.com?c=104