From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of polo_enzo
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 2:11 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [SPAM] [flexcoders] How to call a Actionscript function in a UI
child from UI father ?

when I try to call the getFileSize with the param: {data.filesize}, it does
not work ? I am quite new in Flex Technology... Can somebody tell me what is
wrong ?

--- FlickrRIA.mxml
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[

private function getFileSize(filesize:String):void {
imageText.text = filesize;
}

]]>
</mx:Script>

--- FlickrThumbnail.mxml
<mx:VBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe. <http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml>
com/2006/mxml"
width="125" height="125"
horizontalAlign="center"
horizontalScrollPolicy="off" verticalScrollPolicy="off"
paddingBottom="5" paddingLeft="5" paddingRight="5" paddingTop="5">

<mx:Image
width="75" height="75"
source="{data.thumbnail.url}"
click="getFileSize({data.filesize})"/>