Thanks Saleh. I had the whitelist set or it would not have worked with
Firefox, but I WAS missing the useProxy="false". My webservice call is
now working with both IE and Firefox, so the mystery has been resolved.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, vnice Cute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I think you must to verfiy the whitelist.
> i got the same problem before and i have verfiy my white list and
added the useproxy="false" to the tag <mx:WebService ....>

> Please read more about the article whitelist from
> http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19251
>
> Saleh Al-Gergawi
>

> mrvinedit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Anyone seen "Unable to connect to endpoint ..." calling a webservice
> only when using IE but otherwise working fine in Firefox.
>
> <mx:WebService
> wsdl="http://ws2.serviceobjects.net/gcr/GeoCoder.asmx?WSDL";
> id="GeoCodeService" fault="alert(event.fault.faultstring)"
> result="ParseResult()">
>     <mx:operation name="GetGeoLocation" resultFormat="object"
> showBusyCursor="true">
>         <mx:request format="object">
>             <Address>{txtAddress.text}</Address>
>             <City>{txtCity.text}</City>
>             <State>{txtState.text}</State>
>             <PostalCode>{txtZip.text}</PostalCode>
>             <LicenseKey>license_key_goes_here</LicenseKey>
>         </mx:request>
>     </mx:operation>
> </mx:WebService>
>
> Thanks.

> Web site design development Software design and development

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM