try addEventListener("dragEnd",startPanAndZoom);

addEventListener expects a string containing the event name as its first argument.

On 25/10/2009, at 10:00 AM, hworke wrote:

Hello developers,

in a custom component, I defined an event in metatag like this

[Event(name="dragEnd", type="flash.events.Event")]
public class ta extends TextArea
{
}

Now inside this component how do I add the event listener for
this event which was defined in the metatag.

in the component constructor I tried to add the event listener
like this
addEventListener(dragEnd,startPanAndZoom);
or
addEventListener(this.dragEnd,startPanAndZoom);

None works. How do I do it then? Any help will be appreciated.

Regards....