From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Fotis Chatzinikos
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2009 3:46 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Detect if any of the Items on a List are Selected -
thought it would be easier.

you can use the list's properties (arrays of indices, or items):

            selectedItems
            selectedIndices

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 7:19 PM, steveb805
<quantumcheese...@gmail.com<mailto:quantumcheese...@gmail.com>> wrote:

The only property I could find, from the Flex docs, that tells you whether your
List control has anything selected is: isItemSelected().

And this takes a parameter that refers to a specific item. So before my Delete
button handler, I check if any item is selected with the following:

private function deleteHandler() {

var bDoesNotHasFocus: Boolean = true;
var len:Number = projectList.dataProvider.length;

for (var i:int = 0; i <= len - 1; i++) {
if (projectList.isItemSelected(projectList.dataProvider[i]))
{
bDoesNotHasFocus = false;
if (bDoesNotHasFocus)
return;