I just don't get the overall picture here with this wsdl stuff with flex, so
I've got some more questions and more info.  Firstly, I don't have a
services-config.xml file... Do I need one?  If so how, where do I create it.
I've seen a bunch of partial info on the subject but nothing really through.
All my stuff is going from https to https, the site is hosted on https and the
service is located on https.  Does that matter.  I have control over my server
and can put cross-domain files on it.  I have a proxy written with curl trying
to relay the call to the service.  Do I need to do anything special with that
because I'm am going across https?  I guess the port deal selector on the flex
wsdl creation wizard is really a namespace and not a more traditional
communication port number.. Is that correct?

Also, here is my crossdomain file on the root of my server

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM
"http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd";>
        <cross-domain-policy>
            <allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*"/>
            <allow-access-from domain="*"/>
        </cross-domain-policy>

Does this look good considering https?

-----

This is what I get if I don't pass a rootUrl in to the AbstractWebService
constructor (that's how I use the php proxy)....

FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="Security error accessing url"
faultCode="Channel.Security.Error" faultDetail="Destination: DefaultHTTPS"]
messageId=null type="fault" bubbles=true cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

Which, by the way when I'm working in debug mode on my computer works just fine
until I upload to server.