I have developed the dashboard in my application using flex 3.0. For this I
have used JSP wrapper around the flex application. My application runs on
JBoss application server. for communication between flex app and my
application i am using LCDS. HTTPService component is being used to receive
data from the server. Channel definitions are given in service-config.xml
for amf and http channels and for both secure secure and not secure mode. In
my proxy-config.xml i have defined Channels and destinations.

services-config.xml

<channel-definition id="my-amf" class="mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel">
    <endpoint
url="http://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/amf";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>
    <properties>
          <polling-enabled>false</polling-enabled>
    </properties>
</channel-definition>

<channel-definition id="my-secure-amf"
class="mx.messaging.channels.SecureAMFChannel">
    <endpoint
url="https://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/amfsecure";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureAMFEndpoint"/>
    <properties>
          <add-no-cache-headers>false</add-no-cache-headers>
    </properties>
</channel-definition>

<channel-definition id="my-http" class="mx.messaging.channels.HTTPChannel">
    <endpoint
url="http://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/http";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.HTTPEndpoint"/>
</channel-definition>

<channel-definition id="my-secure-http"
class="mx.messaging.channels.SecureHTTPChannel">
    <endpoint
url="https://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/httpsecure";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.SecureHTTPEndpoint"/>
    <properties>
        <add-no-cache-headers>false</add-no-cache-headers>
    </properties>
</channel-definition>

proxy-config.xml

<default-channels>
    <channel ref="my-http"/>
    <channel ref="my-amf"/>
    <channel ref="my-secure-http"/>
    <channel ref="my-secure-amf"/>
</default-channels>

<destination id="dashboardService">
    <properties>
<url>/kr/servlet/DashboardServlet</url>
    </properties>
</destination>

<destination id="dashboardJSPService">
    <properties>
<url>/kr/krportal/dashboardJSPService.jsf</url>
    </properties>
</destination>

In my development environment both secure and non secure mode were working
fine. Now when I have deployed it behind the load balancer(which accepts
secure requests only and if the request is not secure it redirects it to
secure url) there is no response from the message broker servlet. One thing
more I have observed is when the environment is non load balanced there are
request like
'http://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/http'. and
these requests are post request. But in load balanced environment with ssl
the request is again like
'http://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/http' which
is a post request and it is redirected to
'https://{server.name}:{server.port}/{context.root}/messagebroker/http'
which is a get request. The content returned by this get request is null.

Looking for some comments

Thanks

Abhishek Gupta