Hi there

I managed to find a solution to the problem. It has to do with outdated app xml
config files (which I think don't get committed into source control)

So after importing my project from source control, I create a new application
(eg. Test) and run / debug it, which works fine.

Compare the 2 app xml config files. In the new file at the top you will see a
line:
<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/1.5";>
In the old file I had:
<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/1";>

I actually copied all the data over from my original app to the test app, but
if you replace just that line of xml, the original project should run fine.

Cheers
Tracy