to dig up an old horse, the main advantage I can see is that arrayList
supports disableEvents and enableEvents,
which in theory should be availible via the fact that ArrayCollection
extends ListCollectionView which has a getter called get list():ArrayList on
which in theory i would want to say disable events, but somehow the compiler
and me disagree on this, since I cannot get to that ArrayList via my
arrayCollection.

Why?

--
j:pn