I am hoping that someone can at least point me in the right direction here.

I have an application that runs on the users desktop that I would like to be
able to read / write flash shared object files. This is NOT an Air application
so I need to manually write this file.

My goal is to have my app be able to write some information into the shared
object so that any swf running on my domain could read that shared object and
get that information. The reason I want to use shared objects is because it is
pretty generic and the SWF would not have to know about app or even who wrote
the shared object just that there is some information there.

My Questions are:

1. How can I determine the location of a shared object file if I know the
domain and path of it. To be more specific, I have found this path several
places and with some testing it seems to be correct.

For Web sites: %APPDATA%\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\<random

But I still have no idea how to generate the <random code> part of this path.
If I have a swf write to the shared object I can easily enough search and find
the .sol file 100% of the time but I would really like to be able to write this
file before any swf is run. I hope that makes sense.

2. From what I have gathered .sol files are pretty much AMF data with a special
header is this correct?

3. Had anybody tried anything like this before? Will it work and is there a
better way?