Hey Alex,
That doesn't work. Grabbing the cursor from the system manager and then setting
it's x value to a constant does indeed keep the cursor on a vertical line but
the problem is then the drag proxy image is following your old mouse position
(looks somewhat ghost like :).

I then tried accessing the drag proxy directly by grabbing it from the system
manager and setting the x, to no avail. The problem is that the drag proxy's
mouse move event fires before the one I added even when I set the priority to
10000. I think it has to do something with DragProxy having an [Excluded] meta
tag. There were even some comments in that class mentioning that the developer
was having some troubles.